Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Oct 24 - je ne parle pas le français (I do not speak French)

Well I got evacuated and now I am on La Reunion so "bon jour" no more "salama tompoko". I have started learning French and I can say it is way easier then Malagasy, I should be fluent tomorrow. just joking it is actually a very hard language, but I know I will get good at it if I get the same help from the Lord I got with Malagasy. Well this is the story of how it went down..... it was on Tuesday of last week we got a call from President that said we are on lock down we are not allowed to leave the house for 2 days, so we sat at the house for two days and then on Wednesday I got another call from President who said tell everyone to start packing up because we are all leaving Madagascar. And that was all he said, he said he was going to call back in two hours with more details. I was totally broken when I heard that, I will be honest. Then 2 hours later we got a call saying that we need to be at the airport in 3 hours because we are flying out of Toliara, then we got another call and said sorry but no flights are leaving Toliara until the 25 of October due to problems. So we had to wait down in Toliara until Saturday when finally the driver made the 2 day drive all the way to Toliara. Finally the driver came,  we then hopped in the car and made the long drive to Tana, we arrived on Sunday afternoon, by the time we got to Tana the whole island (of missionaries) had been evacuated except us 6 and then it was me, Shoemaker,Knudsen and Smith left with President.  Late Sunday night we left for la Reunion.  But when I first arrived in Tana I went to Presidents office and he told us about how we got our calls, I got my call to la Reunion, I am so happy to be here in la Reunion I still don't know whats going on.  I have started to learn French and to be honest it is a lot easier than Malagasy. I know that I can learn this language especially with the help of the Holy Ghost. I have total faith and trust, but deep down I am destroyed because we couldn't say anything to anyone about the evacuation. So all the investigators I had and members and friends I just left behind with out goodbyes or photos.  That's what happened<

I am happy and healthy, more info is coming.

Elder Wolfgramm

No comments:

Post a Comment