Monday, October 9, 2017

Oct 9 - I am in Toliara, akory kahey

Well this week some very interesting things happened, I got emergency transferred to Toliara.   Here is the story: it started on P-day ok, so this is what happened on Monday; we were driving to this place called the Croc farm to go see some crocodiles and to show our kids the cool parts of Madagascar on P day. We had bought 2 chickens which we were going to feed to the crocodiles, perfect P-day! I was really excited to do it. It was me, Elder Snow and his kid, Elder Hunter and his kid and my kid too, as we are on a bus heading there and I got a call from the AP's and they said to hurry home because we are getting pulled out of the area. I asked them why and then they told me that 20 people have died from the plague the past 2 days in my area, so I am not working there any more, then we got out of the bus and grabbed a taxi but we didn't have any money so we had to argue(barter) for a reasonable price with the chickens we had, and then got the guy to take Elder Snow to his house and then us to ours. We went home and packed up.  

While we were at home I talked to the landlord and she said that 5 people died in the hospital by our house that morning. I then called this member who works for the government here and she told me it was true.  The AP's picked us up and then took us the office. We waited there until like 8 o'clock and then they told us that we were all leaving Tana.  Some were going to Antsirabe and some to Fianarantsoa and the lucky ones to Toliara. And then we got fed dinner that night and slept at the AP's house and in the morning left for Toliara. We drove through Antsirabe and dropped missionaries off, and spent the night in Fianarantsoa, where we dropped off more missionaries, and then the next day drove and at like 7 pm finally arrived in Toliara, then had dinner and went to bed. I am actually way sad I left my area.  We were supposed to have 6 baptisms the next 3 weeks and now I have missed all those baptisms, hopefully I can see them some other time before I go home.

 Toliara is great! though it is really hot, is the only problem. Also the dialect down here is Antandroy and Veso which are the hardest dialects in Madagascar. So Elder Oberhansley is having a hard time. Hopefully, we will get through it and all will turn out great. We have already found some great investigators down here. I am way excited to see how the work goes down here. That's the update on Madagascar. It is going great though;

Elder Wolfgramm

No comments:

Post a Comment