Friday, August 5, 2016

Aug 5th - First 2 Days

First off I LOVE it here. I really do, I am absolutely loving every moment I am in here, except my Malagasy class I don't love that as much. I will be honest I went into the MTC very confident and I cant tell you how humbled I have been. The first day in class was how I expected no English, the language is pretty hard but I know that if I trust in the Lord than I can do anything. I am in a trio with Elder Hunter and Elder Jakins. I really like them both. on the first day you get to meet your zone and Branch President. I have a lot of friends in my zone that has been super helpful. In my zone the languages are Tongan, Samoan, Haitian Creole, Malagasy, Marseilles, and American Sign Language (ASL). They put ASL with us because no one can understand us anyway, so we wont confuse the people who cant hear. The second day in the MTC was when the humbling started, first thing in the morning on the second day we were awoken to an alarm, before I tell this story let me say we have 5 Elders in my room Elder Bennet, and his companion Elder Batt. Then me and my companions, So back to the humbling, we were all awoken by an alarm going off, and we couldn't figure out who's alarm it was, and we didn't want to say TURN THAT STUPID THING OFF so we just sat there hoping who ever it was they would turn it off. I got up and heard it was coming from my bag, so i reached in and saw that it was my alarm waking everyone up. so I got it out and the clock on it said 6:30 so we all got up and started getting ready. Elder Bennett ran to the shower first thing When I walked out of the room I noticed no one else was up so I went back in the room and saw on my watch it said it was 4:30. I then asked elder Hunter what his watch said he said 4:30... The humbling came from having to go get Elder Bennet out of the shower and tell him I lied and it was actually 4:30 and we could sleep for 2 more hours. ha ha he was so mad but we are both able to laugh at it now. so after that whole experience, we got up and were able to go to class. In class I just sit there and try to understand whats going on and what to say. my companion Elder Hunter is already picking up the language so it is hard for me not to compare myself to him. trying to learn Malagasy has been very humbling. I know that I cannot learn Malagasy, but with the lord on my side I can do anything. I know that this is where I am supposed to be and I cant tell you how happy I am that I am Here.

Love Elder Wolfgramm



August 4th, 2016
My Companions Elder Hunter and Elder Jakins
August 4th, 2016
Lunch Is Served
August 4th, 2016
Part of District From Temple Grounds
August 4th, 2016
High School Buddy Elder Coleman Edwards

August 3rd, 2016
Malagasy Language Class

No comments:

Post a Comment