Monday, September 19, 2016

Sept 19th - Madagascar!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I a m finally in the place I have been dreaming about for the last 100 days, and it is awesome. I love it here, the language is pretty discouraging but I am learning. My companion is Elder Linganim he is sick he is from south Africa and he is Fluent in Malagasy... we are in Tamatave in an area called Morarano where we are white washing this area , it is about an 8 hour bus ride away from Antananarivo and the roads here are like they were in Kenya except way worse. they also have a dialect here that is different from the Malagasy that I learned in the MTC so I sit in lessons and try to understand what’s going on say a few thing bear my testimony and pray that about it ha-ha I love it. the people are so nice here in Madagascar and so so so so humble and willing to learn, they do have weird customs and culture here though. the kids don't have to wear clothes if they don't want to. There are massive spiders all over the place and cool lizards. in my apartment there are three companionships, me and Elder Lingani, Elder Stromberg and Elder Nielsen and Elder Reynolds and Elder Mccrarey, everyone in my apartment is so fun and awesome. In church I bore my testimony it was pretty good I said like 5 things. Also on Thursday we taught English that was super fun to teach the kids (and adults) English. Everyone here thinks I am huge and no one believes I am 19. I have to crouch to get into their houses and they all get worried that my head is going to go through their roofs. all of our lessons are in houses that are smaller than half of my room, I am honestly shocked at how poor everyone here is. Around 6 it goes dark so we teach with candle light it is pretty humbling. All and all I love it here and can't wait until I can understand what's going on. love you and you are in my prayers.


Elder Wolfgramm

Sorry for any mistakes in this letter the keyboard here is missing like half of its keys

Add caption
Add caption
Add caption
Add caption






Add caption

Add caption






Add caption

Add caption










No comments:

Post a Comment