Saturday, June 17, 2017

Jun 12th - Fiovam-po

Great week,

The highlight from the week has got to be Remi, just to recap a little bit, Remi was a drunk man that was found by Elder Nortje and I. He came up and grabbed me on the path completely hammered drunk. He said " I need help, I really want to pray and come to know God." As a missionary here in Madagascar you actually hear that a lot, and usually nothing ever comes from it.  The people never catch times and never keep commitments. But I felt something different with Remi. He took us to his house and then we had to leave because we had another time to catch.

The week after that, Elder Sweeten and I were put together and started to teach him the lessons. At first we both thought we should drop him because he was having a hard time understanding, because his brain had been so fried from drugs and he was probably high at the time we were teaching him but he came to church and so we continued to bring the gospel to him.  He started reading the Book of Mormon little by little and participating in lessons at church, and doing homework. We taught him the Word of Wisdom and learned his problem with drugs and alcohol was pretty bad. He was drinking every day as well as smoking an assortment of drugs about 20 times a day. He had along way to go. Now I am happy to say he hasn't had a drink or smoked anything for the past 3 weeks. And he is LITERALLY a different person, his whole everything has changed. He is about 100 times smarter and can understand almost everything in the Book of Mormon and will be getting baptized in a few weeks. He has been one of the biggest changes I have ever seen next to Isabelle from Tamatve. Remi is proof that this is, the ONE gospel here on earth, and no matter how far you may think you are from God, you can always come back to his loving arms. I know that this gospel is true. I love my Savior. and the wonderful land of Madagascar.

Elder Wolfgramm

No comments:

Post a Comment