Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Nov 14 -Bonjour ca va, je suis tre contant ici

Well it has been an amazing week, I apologize for the past few weeks emails I know they were really small and not very good. But today I am going to take some time and give you guys details on what has been going on here in La Reunion. It has been a pretty hard adjustment to be honest, with culture shock; going back to a first world country and with the language, and the French people (they are not as nice as you would think). But I am really learning a lot and having a ton of fun as I do it. I am enjoying every moment I can. I am still not very good at the whole French language but getting better every day. I have found some cool investigators, although tracking is really hard to do here because the people are way busy. We have had some success though, we found this lady named Joele, who is about 45 years old not married and not very religious, she used to be catholic and I guess still is but has not been to church in a few years. It really is quite a miracle we found her in the first place. I can testify that the spirit is the real teacher because Mendoza and I  do not speak French hardly at all. So this is how we found her, we were tracking and we found this lady named
Joele and at the time we didn't know her name so we named her bird lady, she has lots of animals birds mostly. But we talked to her and in French we tried to set up another time to meet. But when we asked we said "can we set up another time to meet you" and she looked at us with this blank stare and she nodding yes and we were like Yes!! great!! but we weren't even sure what she said. Then we came back and taught her and we tried our best again. and asked her if she would come to church and guess what she did!!! it's was a miracle that we did that! and she wanted a Book of Mormon and wants to learn more. I'm really excited to see how she will progress. She said that she had a good time at church and it will be interesting to see how things are on Thursday when we teach her.

That is basically the life here, a lot of rejection but the Lords hand is still in his work.

Elder Wolfgramm

No comments:

Post a Comment