Monday, October 10, 2016

Oct 10th - Madagascar Is Heating Up!!!

Madagascar is starting to heat up, I am sitting here at 9 in the morning dripping sweat while I am emailing.  I come home at night and just want to drink water but I love it.

This week we dealt with so many crazy drunk Malagasy’s. If there are 2 things Malagasy’s love its beer and cock fights. We went to our investigator who came to church drunk this week to check up on him and tried to teach him and his family, when we got to his house his whole house was drunk, everyone in it was drunk. I started asking him if he was ok when his son just started saying "you can speak Malagasy?" I said yes and them he asked me again, and again, and again, when it was clear to him that i can speak Malagasy he started talking about god and how god was good and then he would just say "Jesoa Kristy" over and over while we were talking to his mom and dad. We asked them if we could teach them about the word of wisdom they said they want to hear about the word of wisdom, so we began with a prayer. While I was praying the son who is about 26 years old just kept saying Jesoa Kristy over and over. The prayer was finished and the son was staring blankly at the fence saying Jesoa Kristy really quietly now. We gave them a short lesson because they weren’t going to be able retain any of what we told them but at the end of the lesson while we were getting ready to leave the dad said ok I won’t drink on Sunday when I come to church.... we are making improvements with this family.

The two kids Estel and Nalina can to church in church clothes this week to watch general conference, after conference we went and visited them at their house and they all had new clothes. They had gotten enough money to go and buy new clothes as well as shoes. I KNOW that god is watching over them and he wants them to enjoy the fruits of the gospel. Thank you so much for your prayers the blessings are raining down here in Madagascar. While we were at their house there dad was interested and was willing to learn and pray about our message. I love to see the light enter people’s lives. They can see the blessings from allowing us into their home.

Madagascar is still the coolest place on the planet and the people are the greatest people, I am doing better now than I have ever done. I am loving every minute. Thank you for your prayers please keep them coming.

Elder Wolfgramm


October 5th, 2016
October 6th, 2016
October 5th, 2016
October 4th, 2016
October 5th, 2016
October 10th, 2016
October 10th, 2016
October 10th, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment