Monday, October 17, 2016

Oct 17th - About a Month in Madagascar

The weeks start and then they are over, I am almost done with my first transfer in Madagascar. This week we finished the transfers. What a week, Tuesday was spent in an area called Depot which is in our area. We spent all day tracking and creating a new program there. Depot is the beach it is really cool to be teaching on the beach. I helped this guy move big bags of concrete mix and all the Malagasy’s were in awe at the strength of the Vasa, ha-ha it was really funny to see their reactions. We are also are preparing maramoza and dauphin for baptism. They are an older couple about 50 and they are going to be baptized on November 5th. On Wednesday I left my area again, I was on a split with Elder Nelson, he is really good at Malagasy. We taught 3 lessons and found a guy who said he is a member and just moved back from Antananarivo and I told him where our church was and what time it was, he was happy to know. He also asked us if we needed help with anything, he seemed really nice. On Thursday me and Elder Stromberg went on a split. This was a real test to see if we could do anything because me and Elder Stromberg were in the MTC together and neither one of us are super mahay at Malagasy. It was a miracle that we were able to teach all day. I had some very cool experiences where I was able to understand questions clearly and be able to answer them. We were both feeling really good about the split and we only had to tell one person that we will have another Elder who is better at Malagasy than us explain the answer to your question. It was a great day and a big confidence boost.

On Friday we were back in the area I was in with Elder Nelson because I wanted to show Elder Lingani where the member lived as we were walking to his house, I saw him walk past us so I said Hello, he responded by saying "Psssssshhhhhht" and throwing his arms at us like he was saying go away. I was in total shock. I said Elder Lingani I swear that was the guy that was so nice a few days ago. We went to his house and Elder lingani said oh I know this guy he has lived here in Tamatave his whole life, and he is a less active. When he saw us at his door he came out and was so embarrassed because he was........ Drunk........... He started crying and saying I am so sorry I was at a wedding and I had a few Drinks. We told him that if it was ok we would like to return and share a spiritual thought with him and invited him to church..... He never came but I will find him this week and hopefully help him come back to church.

Saturday we taught English and some more lessons we are preparing 3 investigators for baptism this month so hopefully they will be ready and willing still.  On Sunday I found out that I was heading to Antananarivo for visa papers that night we left at 5 and didn't arrive in Tana until 3 in the morning. It was one of the longest rides of my life we were on a little bus for what felt like forever. When we got into Tana at the bus stop we had Elder Paraga get 2 taxis and told them where to go, me Elder Bennet and Elder Stromberg got into one Elder Paraga and Shoemaker got into the other one and we all headed to the mission office. Our taxi stopped in front of the FJKM church and said here? We said no the mission office he had no idea where it was and we don’t know where the heck we are in tana at 3 in the morning. We had no phone or phone numbers to call and we can’t speak the language. We told the guy to just drive to this restaurant kind of by the mission office and just maybe we will be able to find it. By a tender mercy we saw the mission office as we were driving and we made it safely to the place we were supposed to go. God protects his missionaries.

Love you all very much thank you for the prayers they were needed this week.
Elder Wolfgramm


Oct 13th, 2016
Oct 13th, 2016

Oct 13th, 2016


Oct 12th, 2016
Oct 12th, 2016
Oct 12th, 2016
Oct 12th, 2016

Oct 12th, 2016
Oct 12th, 2016
Oct 12th, 2016
Oct 11th, 2016
Oct 11th, 2016
Oct 11th, 2016























No comments:

Post a Comment