Monday, October 24, 2016

Oct 24th - The Sickness Has Hit

This has been an exciting week, I spent all day on Tuesday doing visa stuff. We got up early on Tuesday and drove to the ministry and we waited there for a while until the people decided to help us. When I went in I started talking the little Malagasy that I know to the lady working behind the counter who was filling out the paperwork. And she was shocked to see a big white guy speaking Malagasy. So I said what? do you not think white people can learn Malagasy? Then I made a joke and got her laughing, it put her in a good mood and she made it easy for all of us to get through and get our visas with no trouble, we left like 30 minutes later. We then went to this place called the Carnivore which is like a Madagascar Tucanos, They just bring out chunks of meat and delicious fruit. It was so good, I was able to eat crocodile and snake. really good. We drove back to Tanatave on Wednesday and our bus broke for like an hour so we got to wait in the hot sun for an hour. The bus that I was on was a tiny little thing crammed with Malagasy's. There are really no laws here in Madagascar so you can cram as many people as possible on these buses. We all made it home safely and were able to sleep well that night.
On Thursday I got really sick. I woke up and just knew it was going to be rough, I didn't eat anything all day and all I did was sleep and throw up. Me and elder Lingani took the day off. On Friday I was feeling good enough to go out and It was a good thing too. We went to one of our new investigators house named Lucio and he said that he had been waiting for us for like an hour. He said that he prayed this last week and god had helped him out. He had no idea that you could talk to god before we taught him. we were able to teach him a great lesson and asked him to pray about our message. He is one of my favorite investigators. He is one guy that just really wants yo know that he is ok in gods eyes.
On Saturday we taught a lesson to a kid after English who's name is Juliano. He is 18 years old and is searching for truth. He asked me in English if I believe I will live after I die and then why I believe that I will. He is a great young man. We also prepared Solofo and Tojo for baptism this November. Solofo is someone that I found And he is sweet.
Sunday was a fantastic day to end the week. We had 19 investigators at church and they all stayed the whole time, and NONE of them were drunk. Haha it is great to see the lords work unfolding in front of your eyes. I also said goodbye to elder Makahery because he is going home he has finished his mission. He was a great example and he taught me a lot.

Thank you for your prayers, please keep them coming. 

Love Elder Wolfgramm

October 21st, 2016
That is a chicken head on the left it actually wasn't all that bad ;)
October 16th, 2016
Walker in Antananarivo
October 21st, 2016
Chicken Head

No comments:

Post a Comment