Monday, January 29, 2018

Jan 29 - Bolongany "huge"

Well this week was wonderful. Great to be back home. It is such a good feeling to be able to walk up to anyone and speak Malagasy. French has come in handy, I have ran into a few French dudes that before I would just ignore but now I can have a meaningful conversation with them and get invited over for dinner with them. To be honest though my Malagasy is really rusty. Its not that I am bad at it but I just make a ton of mistakes. I am mixing up verbs and when they should be used. This next week I am going on a Malagasy cleanse. Only going to speak Malagasy to clean up all the mistakes I am making. I can still understand everything and teach  good enough to convince everyone I am fluent, but I can still see all the mistakes I am making. I am so happy to be back here again. We were able to get a bunch of investigators back to church this week, so by the end of February we will start having baptisms. I have realized again that the Malagasy people are some of my favorite people on the planet.

We have some pretty cool investigators. We have this guy named Dolin, and he is awesome. He came to church this week and the whole time he just kept looking at his Book of Mormon and smiling, and then he would look at Hunter and I and give us a thumbs up. We taught him this past week too and he remembered everything about the Restoration and why we needed it. His only problem is he is living with his "wife" but they are not married so he can't get baptized and he doesn't have the money to do the wedding, So we just have to wait for them to get it done. But the time is shortly coming when that is done.

Thats all I am going to talk about this week but there is so much more I could. I love it here really I do it ts the coolest place on earth

Elder Wolfgramm

No comments:

Post a Comment